Friday, November 16, 2007

Charleston, SC-What a town for antiques!

Well we made it to Charleston for the wedding and had a splendid time. My only regret is that I didn't have the opportunity to do any thrifting or yard sales due to the festivity schedule. Charleston is certainly an antique lovers town though since I don't think I've seen so many Antique malls in one area as I did driving thru. It made me think about how good the sales must be to be able to stock so many booths. I mean there were over a dozen malls within a 5 mile stretch of US 17 heading out of town. Another thing there is in Charleston is MONEY!!. That town has such a long and rich history in the South and was the center of commerce and finance for a lot of the early history of this country. Anyways I will certainly plan a trip back where I can take advantage of the buried treasure I'm sure is there having been passed down from generation to generation. My Ebay auctions for the weekend did well also with much of my recent purchase from Goodwill selling for handsome profits. You can still pluck some gems out of a Goodwill if you keep your eyes open and know what to look for. The auctions paid the gas bill for the trip so I'm pleased.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Dean , I found alot of bottles and various other relics when they were repiping a portion of MEETING ST, downtown . Part of it use to be a dump. Thet dug down 15 + feet .














if interested call me at 843 814 8474

Anonymous said...

dean 843 814 8474