Saturday, November 3, 2007

My lazy day looking for treasure

Well Saturday morning and time to hit the yard sales. I have a rotten cold and really am in no mood to drive around looking for treasure but I want to get out of the house. It's been raining for nearly a week and I've got 4-wall madness anyways. I want to at least get out and socialize with the world. I got such a late start though I didn't expect to find anything special and I wasn't disappointed. After all the early bird gets the delicious worms. I did find a lovely Statler teapot in the shape of a cottage which will sell nicely in one of my antique booths. I picked up a box full of children's books which one of my daughters will use to make one of kind journals from the book boards. She's so creative. Other sales produce a selection of books suitable for sale in my bookstore and a few cut crystal bells and a piece of Belleek from Ireland was a nice surprise too. Not much else special except the usual nostalgia and souvenir pieces that sell well for around $5 each in the booths. I will be busy taking pictures and getting some auctions on Ebay since I do most of my listings on the weekend.

It sometimes takes a strong will to go hunting especially when you do it for money but I always enjoy the getting out amongst the other people who are looking. There is a community aspect to this addiction that makes it more fun than just collecting for me. The money's good too I find. Hope your hunting was a great experience today too.

No comments: